Expression of Interest
Summer Camp SQ enjoys a legacy of motivated and passionate volunteer working staff that want to make a difference in the lives of young people. Summer Camp SQ is a sensational place to work. Lifetime friendships are made amongst the staff as they work together to deliver one of the best summers of campers lives.
Why would I work at Summer Camp SQ?
To experience the joy and satisfaction of serving others in an incredible environment of close friendships. As a staff member at Summer Camp SQ you are able to learn and develop your: leadership, people, outdoor and practical skills. These skills you can carry with you for life along with life long friendships and happy memories of glorious summers.
What is the minimum age requirements to work at camp?
Staff must be a minimum of 18 years of age. However we would prefer that cabin leaders be 20 years of age or older for Teen Camp staffing. To be eligible for the Staff In Training Program (SIT) a person must be 17 year olds for age.
What is the Staff in Training (SIT) Program?
The SIT program operates at Junior Camp only. The purpose is to train young leaders in Summer Camp ministry so that when they return as an 18 year old they are fully ready to take on the responsibility of a fully operational staff member. The Camp Director or their nominee/s will train new staff.
When do the staff expressions of interest applications open?
We will start accepting expressions of interest applications each year in the month of July. Staffing decisions will be finalised in the second week of October.
What roles do you have on offer at Summer Camp?
Camp Nurses, Worship Coordinator, Praise & Worship Leader, Activities Coordinator, Mountain Bike Coordinator, Assistant Mountain Bike Coordinator, Archery Coordinator, Water Skiiing Coordinator, Canoe Coordinator, Stand Up Paddle Boarding Coordinator, Model Rocketry Assistant, Photographer & Media Coordinator, Boat Drivers (Own the boat and be prepared to bring it to camp), Lifeguards, Boys Director, Girls Director, Cabin Leaders, Assistant Cabin Leaders, General Staff.
How do I apply to work voluntarily at Summer Camp SQ?
The following steps must be taken:
- Submit your online application and register your Expression of Interest.
- Read our Staff Culture and Policies and determine whether Summer Camp SQ is the right fit for you.
- If you have read the staff culture and policies and would like to apply to join the Summer Camp SQ team, simply complete the online application. Applications closes Sunday, 13th August at 5pm.
- Interviews for New Staff Applications and those who have been a Staff member previously but more than 3 years ago will be conducted at a time convenient to both you and the interviewer. Interviews will be scheduled and conducted by the Summer Camp Executive Team and will be conducted via phone or video Conference. Interviews will not be conducted for those who have been a staff member in the past three years but the Summer Camp Executive reserves the right to interview at their discretion.
- You will be notified via Email from August 16th-31st as to whether your application was successful or not. As there are a limited number of places we cannot guarantee everyone who applies a role. Often we have the difficulty of choosing between great people.
- Upon successful application we will require you to provide your Blue Card information or exemption information for those 18 and over. You will also need to fill in a Child Work Volunteer Application Form (Click & form will download) as well as sign agreement to our Summer Camp SQ Staff Culture & Policies These forms will be sent to successful applicants along with a medical consent form. You will also need to provide us with your T-Shirt size for your Staff T-Shirt which you will receive at Camp. Once we have received these documents back from you completed and signed along with the $80 staff fee, you will be an official Summer Camp SQ Staff Member.
What is a staff debrief interview and why do you do them?
Over the last couple of days of camp staff debrief interviews are conducted. Each staff member receives a personal debrief by the Camp Director & Camp programmer. These occasions are for coaching of staff members through encouraging them in their strengths as well as discussing potential growth areas for the self improvement of the staff member. It also provides an opportunity for staff members to point out opportunities and possible areas of improvement in the way that Summer Camp SQ is run. A personal thank you at the end of this time period along with a small thank you gift along with a closing personal prayer is given. It is part of the process of continuous improvement for all parties concerned and helps keep Summer Camp SQ cutting edge.