Expression of Interest
Summer Camp SQ enjoys a legacy of motivated and passionate volunteer working staff that want to make a difference in the lives of young people. Summer Camp SQ is a sensational place to work. Lifetime friendships are made amongst the staff as they work together to deliver one of the best summers of campers lives.
Why would I work at Summer Camp SQ?
To experience the joy and satisfaction of serving others in an incredible environment of close friendships. As a staff member at Summer Camp SQ you are able to learn and develop your: leadership, people, outdoor and practical skills. These skills you can carry with you for life along with life long friendships and happy memories of glorious summers.
What is the minimum age requirements to work at camp?
Staff must be a minimum of 18 years of age. However we would prefer that cabin leaders be 20 years of age or older for Teen Camp staffing. To be eligible for the Staff In Training Program (SIT) a person must be 17 year olds for age.
When do the staff expressions of interest applications open?
We are now open!
We will start accepting expressions of interest applications each year in the month of August. Staffing decisions will be finalised in the second week of October.
What roles do you have on offer at Summer Camp?
Auxiliary Team Member
Nurse/First Aid Team Member
Sound & Visual
Worship & Music
How do I apply to work voluntarily at Summer Camp SQ?
The following steps must be taken:
- Submit your online application and register your Expression of Interest.
- Read our Staff Culture and Policies and determine whether Summer Camp SQ is the right fit for you.
- If you have read the staff culture and policies and would like to apply to join the Summer Camp SQ team, simply complete the online application.
- You will be notified via Email from August 16th-31st as to whether your application was successful or not. As there are a limited number of places we cannot guarantee everyone who applies a role. Often we have the difficulty of choosing between great people.
- Upon successful application we will require you to provide your Blue Card information or exemption information for those 18 and over. You will also need to fill in a Child Work Volunteer Application Form (Click & form will download) as well as sign agreement to our Summer Camp SQ Staff Culture & Policies. You will need to create or share your Caremonkey profile (for emergency and medical purposes) with us. And have completed your ADSAFE Certification. You will also need to provide us with your T-Shirt size for your Staff T-Shirt which you will receive at Camp. Once we have received these documents back from you completed and signed along with the $80 staff fee, you will be an official Summer Camp SQ Staff Member.